Friday, February 13, 2009

Continental Connection Flight 3047

I just learned this morning, at home, that Continental Connection Flight 3047, operated by Colgan Airlines, crashed last night at 10 PM, a few miles short of the runway at Buffalo, NY. All 49 persons aboard and 1 person on the ground perished. Light snow and gusty winds were reported at the airport, and other pilots had reported icing conditions in the clouds.

The aircraft was a Bombardier Dash 8 Q-400, an advanced 74 seat twin turboprop (jet engines driving propellers). I first heard about this crash on CNN this morning, when they were referring to it at 'the crash of flight 3407'. First I was afraid it was my airline, as we use 3xxx numbers for our flights and Buffalo is a frequent destination. Then I saw on TV that it was a turboprop, my airline has no turboprops. Regardless, it's a horrible tragedy no matter which airline is befallen.

The Aviation Herald has a good amount of additional information on this accident.

My thoughts and prayers are with the friends and families of the victims of Colgan Airlines flight 3407.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thank you for your comment. It was a wonderful poem and sent me back to the Word of God. So glad he is our God. -My prayers are with you as you have to continue to trust in Him to fly with you. Bro you sure do have a lot of responsibility. You were born to do it though! Love to you, Kim